Learn arts-based tools for facilitating communication, building connection, promoting positive emotions, fostering engagement, reducing stress, and managing the impact of trauma in our inaugural experiential training conference. expressivetherapiessummit.la
Specialty Tracks: Mindfulness & Wellbeing, Children & Adolescents, Community Building & Social Justice, Expressive Writing & Journaling, Play Therapy, Special Populations, and Evening Self-Care. A convenient selection for Educators & Arts Professionals features sessions of particular interest to those in non-clinical settings.
What is the Value of the Arts Integrated with Mental Health Practices? Creative expression invites self-reflection and dialogue that can lead to meaningful self-discovery, connection with others, and personal empowerment. Studies have shown that the arts—particularly when integrated with mental health practices—can yield social, emotional, physical and cognitive benefits. The universality and nonverbal essence of the arts transcends traditional barriers of culture and ability. Shared creative experiences build empathy and community, which expand possibilities for action and transformation.
For Whom: Professionals in arts, education, mental health, social services and healthcare, as well as anyone interested in creativity and healing.
Continuing Education: Over 30 credits available.
When: Thursday, March 30 through Sunday, April 2, 2017. Select any one or combination of days.
Where: Hilton Los Angeles Airport.
How to Register: expressivetherapiessummit.la
– – – – – – – –
Over 125 Hands-On Workshops, including these examples:
- Eco-Art Therapy: Expanding Your Practice through Connection with Nature
- Re-Shaping Body Image: Tape Sculpture as Arts-Based Social Justice
- Introduction to the Therapeutic Uses of Photography
- The Open Studio Process of Art & Writing
CHILDREN & ADOLESCENTS
- Social, Emotional and Cognitive Growth through the Arts: The Key to Kids
- Disrupting Disruptive Student Behaviors with Compassion & Art Therapy
- Establish Rapport with At-Risk Youth Using the enACT Method
- Digital Media Arts: Therapeutic Interventions for Adolescents and Others
- Resetting Boundaries: De-Roling Following Performances and Clinical Sessions
- Transformation of Failure & Self-Blame: Techniques from Theater of the Oppressed
- Managing Conflict, Embodying New Narratives
- Performance as a Therapeutic Act: Transforming Self-Defeating Life Scripts through Drama Therapy
MOVEMENT, MINDFULNESS & WELL-BEING
- Breath & Yoga for Mental Health and Wellness
- Mindful Games for Enhancing Attention, Balance and Compassion
- The Five Qualities of Mindfulness: A Multidisciplinary Experience
- Challenging Oppression with Expression: RAPtivism, Movement & Mindfulness
- Introduction to Himalayan Sacred Sound Healing
- Sound, Music & Healing: Science and Clinical Practice In Harmony
- Sing for Yourself: A Daily Practice for Freedom of Expression
- Drumming as Medicine: Facilitating Healing Rhythms
- Expressive Writing As Activism
- Journaling to Clear Life’s Clutter: A Compassionate, Creative Approach
- Stressbusting: Writing through Troubled Times
- Living with Intention & Authenticity: End-of-Life Lessons from Dignity Therapy
- Creative Techniques for Working with and Caring for Older Adults
- Expressive Arts & Play Therapy for Autism and Special Needs: A Whole Brain Approach
- Military Service Members and the Creative Arts: Interdisciplinary Care
- Poetry/Bibliotherapy for Mental Illness: Foster Recovery, Instilling Hope
- Also sessions for working with trauma, international populations, chronic pain, cancer, eating disorders, addictions, neurorehabilitation, hospitalized patients and more . . .
FOR MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
- Holding our Clients in our Bodies: Managing Somatic Countertransference
- Deepening Approaches to Image & Metaphor for Expressive Arts Therapists
- Integrative Art Therapy: Bilateral Scribble, Neurosequential Squiggle, IFS Collaging
- Diagnostic Drawing Series Training: 30 Years of Assessment through Art