NACADA Scholarship Opportunities
May 1, 2017
Hello NACADA Region 9,
We are excited to announce the current award applications being accepted:
- Region 9 Annual Conference Travel Scholarships (2 awards at $400 each)
– Awarded to a member who is interested in attending the Annual Conference and is in need of additional funding. Must be a current NACACA member to apply and must have available funding to support additional travel expenses.
- Region 9 Annual Conference Presenter Scholarships (2 awards at $500 each)
– Awarded to a member who has been accepted as a presenter at the Annual Conference. Must be a current NACACA member to apply and must have available funding to support additional travel expenses.
- Region 9 Annual Conference Graduate Student scholarship (1 award at $250)
– NACADA Region 9 is committed to investing in the future of advising by supporting current Region 9 graduate students in their learning and professional development through attendance at the Annual Conference. Student nominees must be currently enrolled in either a masters or doctoral program and must be involved with academic advising on their campus. Must be a current NACADA student member. Must be enrolled in at least 6 credits in the Spring semester.
*Selected applicants must be willing to write a short article summarizing their conference experience for the Region 9 Blog. Please apply now: The deadline for all submissions is May 31, 2017. Applicants will be notified of award decisions in July or August.
Please visit our website for additional details and access to the online submission portal:
January 17, 2017
Conferences are a great way to get involved and engage in professional development while also networking with key figures in the field. Below are a listing of upcoming conferences and their respective registration deadlines:
National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) –March 11 – 15 (2017) Registration is now open!: http://conference2017.naspa.org/
Association of College Unions International (ACUI)-March 19 – 23 (2017)
Registration is now open!: http://www.acui.org/philadelphia/
(Regional) National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)– March 22 – 24 (2017) Early registration deadline Feb. 21, 2017: https://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Community/Regions.aspx
(Annual) National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)-October 11 – 14 (2017) https://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Events/Annual-Conference.aspx
American College Personnel Association (ACPA)-March 26 – 29 (2017)
Regular registration deadline Feb. 3, 2017: http://convention.myacpa.org/columbus2017/registration/
National Conference for Race & Ethnicity in Higher Ed (NCORE)– May 30 – June 3 (2017)
Early registration deadline April 1, 2017: https://ncore.ou.edu/en/2017/register/
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)– May 4-7 (2017)
Early registration deadlines March 3 & April 28, 2017: